What is the best indicator of a great physique? The answer to this question can be as varied as who you ask. The word currently trending in gyms is that strong is the new sexy. With this in mind having strong legs that accentuates other body parts and gives you a Symmetrical Physique is a must have. We have compiled some of the very best leg exercises for women that will help in toning and strengthening your legs without adding any bulk to your thighs. With these workouts, it is super-easy for anyone to create their own exercises. All you need do is choose a mover from every category and after a cardio warm-up, perform the required reps for every exercise. At the end, do remember that you have to stretch your quads and hamstrings, so they can cool down.
Here are some of the best leg exercises for women looking to keep their legs lean and sexy.
The Goblet Squat
This is one of the most effective leg exercises for women. If your desire is to work your legs so they become as strong as they can be, then you should go low when performing your squats. varying the performance of your squats this way will strengthen the whole leg, and also work your quads through an array of motions. This modified squats can be performed without the use of weights or you can optionally choose to use kettle-bells or dumbbells, but whichever one you opt for will still work your whole leg.
Do begin by standing with both feet at a position that’s wider than your shoulder width and also have your toes pointing slightly outwards.
- If you opted to use weights, hold the weights at the chest level with both of your hands.
- Keeping your back flat, push your hips backward as you bend your knees until the lower thighs are effectively parallel to the ground and your elbows are touching your knees.
- With most of your weight resting on your heels, do push yourself back up to your starting position.
- Complete at least 15 reps
The Wall Sit
While the idea of leaning against the wall, may not seem like doing a lot, the truth is that you actually are and you will often feel the burn in your thighs. The wall sit is an excellent workout that can help you avoid runner’s knee, a condition that affects more women than men. In addition, this exercise will also work the quads in a lengthened position, so you need not to worry that your thighs would bulk-up.
- With your feet at hip width and two feet in front of you, stand with your back pressing against the wall.
- Bending your knees, slide down until you achieve a 90-degree angle with the knees. To be properly aligned, you ought to make sure that your knee joints are directly above your ankle joints.
- Stay in this position for about one minute, relax then repeat.
This is the kind of exercise that strengthens your entire back and works more body of the body’s muscles than any basic squat can accomplish. Dead-lifting is also an excellent way to stretch your hamstring since with every rep; you keep the muscles behind your legs lean and flexible.
- Start with a pair of dumbbells in each hand, arms slightly stretched to the side and knees slightly bent.
- With your knees bent slightly and arms straight, bend at the hip-joint and take the weights as low as you can without arching your back. A good way to refrain from arching your back is to look-up forward rather than look downwards.
- Squeeze the glutes and gradually pull your upper body up. In this process, avoid using your back or rounding the spine.
- Go for at-least 12 reps